Anyone that REALLY knows me, knows how much I love make-up. I don’t always get to buy everything that I want (C’mon man, I’m on a budget!) and I don’t always wear it (My boyfriend lovingly calls me grandma because I’m often found with my hair in a bun, librarian glasses, and make-up free anytime I can) Just because you’re limited, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it, after-all this is literally the paint to your canvas(face). You can create thousands of looks with make-up. Not that moms really have the time to do that, but make-up helps keep us looking put together and polished if and when we need it. I love shopping at Sephora, because of the brands and selection, but as I said I’m on a budget so I can’t splurge a lot. Now I have found a few ‘dupes’ (low-end products) that I choose either because I’m not shelling out the $$$ or because I have decided I liked the dupe better. Here are a few of my favorite products:
- Sephora ‘Teint Infusion’ foundation- $11. Yes this is sephora, BUT its sephora brand, which is their drugstore version. I got this on clearance, which is around about the price you would find nice foundation at Wal-Mart. It’s got a dropper so you control the amount of foundation that you get out of the bottle. It has a great feeling! It goes on kind of like an oil….but has a dry non-greasy finish! It doesn’t break me out, I use literally a pea sized amount, and it’s AFFORDABLE! Nice blendable colors too.
- Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara-$7, I normally do TooFaced Better Than Sex mascara, but it’s $23, so I buy it about twice a year. In between then…it’s this stuff. Everyone is different with their mascara’s, because they all have different looks with the formula and the wand. This one gives me that better than sex look, and isn’t very clumpy. I like the wand as well, and it comes off really easy when washing your face. I HATE Mascara that will still leave residue on your lashes and around your eyes after scrubbing them.
- Revlon Photoready Kajal- $5 I like that this is a smooth liner, and I got it in a charcoal color. It lessens the drama effect of a black liner but it still solid and easily blendable. I got this after I bought Clinique’s Drama Liqui-pencil. Cliniques goes fine over the top lid, but does not work on the bottom eye line so well, when I try to blend it, it comes right off. This pencil stays and gives a subtle look
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Black eye Liners- $4, love this liner. Has glitter, but doesn’t look like a disco party. Blends wonderfully for me and stays on. Gives me the DRAMA in the eyeliner department. I fell with the glitter, it helps give the liner an extra bold look without having to do a thick line or go over it a thousand times. As you can see in my picture, it’s quite used.
- L’Oreal Brow Plumper-$7. Sad truth, I’ve only ever had my eyebrows waxed ONE time in my life. during the high arch, thin period….needless to say they never grew back. I hate their shape and used to use a brown shadow with a brush to fill them in until I gave this a try. I was too cheap to pay for the high end brow pomades, and feel they also make your brows look painted on. Yes this is a brow plumper, and it does give my brows volume, but it also fills the in really nicely! It has a little wand you can use to direct the color AND shape your brow. I’ve asked a lot of people, and they don’t realize I fill in my brows because it gives them a very natural finish. MIND YOU: I got mine in light to medium shade even though my brows are dark brown. Filling in, will make this go darker and I felt that if they went too dark, it would look funny.
Those are my top fave, cheapo dupes of make-up that I swear by. I’m always on the look-out for great cheap products….and even high end ones too. These items make me feel and look great(Nobody has called me ugly or anything else while wearing em sooo) Give these a try, worst thing is you waste a couple bucks, versus a lot and that always helps the blow when spoiling yourself with make up. ENJOY!!!!